Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

And Tomorrow Never Comes

In 1989 I was living in a long term treatment center to address my alcoholism/addiction for a "second" time. My grandmother had died and rather than being at the funeral out of state, I had chosen to remain in treatment. Filled with self pitty and torn between the desire to pursue a new life and a desire to use this loss as my "reason" to drink/drug again - in despiration I went to my room, fell on my knees and cried out to a God I had yet to know on a deeply personal level...at that time I had an experience that forever changed my destiny...


“And Tomorrow Never Comes”


So many things can happen
And I find I have no control
Things are turning inside out
And I feel I have no where to go



I want to run for tomorrow
But the uncertainty is to great
So I try to hide in yesterday
But I find that I’m to late


The frustration seems to grow so big
That there’s nothing I can see
I want to run and find an escape
But the problem stays in me


   Feeling like a caged in beast
Fighting to be free
The restlessness keeps building up
Until I fall upon my knees


Suddenly I know He’s there
Of the guilt I can let go
For I feel the warmth of His hand
Rest upon my soul



No comments:

Post a Comment